- We are talking about tech tips.
- We are talking about upcoming events that we are going to or hosting.
- We are just telling you how our day went.
Want to be a guest blogger? Sign up and share your thoughts...
In The Shark Tank on ABC
My Initial Thoughts
The other night I just happen to stumble on this show called "Shark Tank" on ABC. Needless to say I loved it! I was thinking, I need to be on there. Those investors are nuts the way they just chew up those entrepreneurs and spit them out. I admire the guts and passion of some of those entrepreneurs to go up there in front of millions and share their ideas not only with those, "Sharks", but with the hold world. Now you could be afraid that someone might steal your great idea, but they do it anyway.
The Shark Panel
The five experienced and self-made millionaire panel members are:
- Kevin Harrington – started the infomercial industry 25 years ago.
- Kevin O’Leary – Educational software, he sold his company to Mattel for $3.7 billion.
- Robert Herjavec – sold his first technology company for $100 million.
- Barbara Corcoran – created a $5 billion real estate company.
- Daymond John – created the FUBU clothing line with earnings of $350 million in 1998.
I don't know if its just me but it seems like only two of those investors are really there to invest their money, lol. It seems like the other three are just looky lous. The one guy, Kevin Harrington (in the photo below this post all the way to the left), within 30 seconds, always says I'm out. It just cracks me up. Daymond (the second guy from the left), mostly stays quiet, and oh my God Kevin O’Leary (the guy in the middle), seems to be a total a**hole, but its hilarious. What comes to mind is the episode where the guy with the graffiti removal service was on the show and he was just chewing this guy up. I think he sayed, "Your dead to me...".
One thing that I also noticed, that alot of entrepreneurs don't pay attention to, and this is one thing that some investors are very slick about is that they always try to get control of your company. They say ok, we will give you the 300k that you are looking for but we want 51% of your company. Its very suddle. Kevin O’Leary said to one of the other investors, lets give this guy the 300K or whatever it was but we want 65% of the company and lets make him an employee of ours. The audacity of this guy! As an entrepreneur myself, I don't blame that guy for getting upset.
Subscribe to Feed